TSX-V : GBL
Resource Hunter Capital Corp. Phosphate Mining in West Africa

Phosphate Basics

Phosphate rock is a non-detrital sedimentary rock which contains high amounts of phosphate bearing minerals. Phosphate represents the only significant global resources of phosphorus which finds its primary use in the fertilizer and agricultural industry. Most phosphorus is consumed as a principal component of nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) fertilizers used on food crops throughout the world. Typically, 90% of all phosphate rock is consumed in the production of fertilizers. The remaining 10% of phosphate rock is used in livestock feed supplements, pesticides, detergents, water treatment chemicals and food additives. The manufacturing process varies depending on the type of fertilizer being produced. Types of phosphate fertilizers include:

  • Single superphosphate (SSP)
  • Triple superphosphate (TSP)
  • Diammonium phosphate (DAP)
  • Monoammonium phosphate (MAP)